Here's a list of things I've done:
- Did the simulation, despite not understanding it, hoping something would click. (It hasn't.)
- Read, and re-read the course materials. (I really don't like academic books. What is it about polysyllabic words that endear PhDs to them so much?)
- Per the suggestion of the course mentor in his video, I ignored the accounting software that is in the course of study.
- Watched the accounting DVDs. (They keep crashing on my computer which is incredibly frustrating. That's not why, however, I didn't get anything out of them.)
- Spoken with my student mentor about this class on a number of occasions.
- Spoken with another course mentor who is also in the MBA program, and who is a class ahead of me.
- Spoken at length (over 2 hours) with the course mentor
- Found some materials online to read to try and find definitions of the terms used in this class to try and make sense of them. (This is difficult because I really need someone to relay the information to the simulation.)
- Posted a question on the WGU Student Forum. (Where
- I was accused of not wanting to put forth the work to actually learn the concepts.)
- Asked my friends for help. (You can throw a stone and hit a lawyer in Austin but apparently not an MBA.)
What else am I supposed to do? Any suggestions? I really don't think that it's lack of trying, that I haven't been able to finish this class sooner. I'm at my wit's end. I have until March 1 to finish this class or else I will be kicked out of class, my financial aid will run out, and I will have lost my chance to finish in less than 18 months.